GOD IS GOOD!
St. Rita’s Youth Group
Yankees Spring Training Fundraiser Information
CoVID 19 INFORMATION: AS OF NOW, THE YANKEES HAVE NOT CANCELED ANY SPRING TRAINING GAMES AND WE ARE STILL PLANNING TO WORK ON MARCH 18. WE ARE CLOSELY MONITORING AND WILL KEEP EVERYONE INFORMED IF ANYTHING CHANGES. THANK YOU!
Adults from our parish will be working at two Yankee’s Spring Training game(s) to help raise funds for the St. Rita’s God is Good Youth Group!
- Monday, February 24, afternoon/evening
- Wednesday, March 18, afternoon/evening
Detailed information is below. Please let us know if you will be able to participate on either (or both!) of these dates. We have to submit our list of names at least 4 days before each game.
- Kristine Johnson 813-713-3221
- Paul Berry 248-767-4270
- We will carpool, leaving St. Rita parking lot at 2:00 pm and returning by 11:00 pm.
- Please let us know if you plan to drive yourself so we can give you directions.
- We are asked to wear black/khaki pants, white t-shirt with nothing on it, and closed toed shoes.
- The Yankees will provide a Yankees ball cap and a Yankees Polo to wear over the white t-shirt. They are very strict with their uniform requirements.
- We are only allowed to bring in MLB/NYY approved bags. These are generally small purses or clear backpacks.
- We will be assigned to concession stands or other possible areas such as the gift shop.
- We will take orders, hand guests their food, collect money, and pour sodas and beer.
- It’s a lot of standing. The booths may get either really warm or really cold. Be prepared.
- The Yankees ask that we refrain from publicly using our phones or smoking during the game.
- The Yankees offer us a lunch/dinner break each game and will allow us to choose certain items from the menu to eat for free. They also provide us with bottled water to drink.
Concerns and issues
- When people don’t show up for their shifts, it makes the Diocese look bad.
- If you MUST cancel, please try to give us at least a 48 hour notification so we can try to find a replacement from our parish if at all possible.
- If someone shows up who is not on the list (and who is not taking someone’s place) they may be asked to go home without pay.
- Paul and Kristine are your contacts. Please do not reach out directly to the Yankees or the Diocese.
Again, thank you very much for your willingness to participate in this fun activity with us and raise money for our Youth Group!